Frequently Asked Questions

When do sign-ups begin?  Fall season registration will be open May 15th. Returning players from the 2018 fall season have until June 15th to register to be placed back on the same team. All other requests will be based on registration date.

How much does it cost to play? For the 2019 fall season, the player registration fee is $99 for all players.  This does not include uniforms. Our goal is to make soccer accessible for all so if anyone is having difficulties paying they should contact Michelle Beard at

Can I apply for financial assistance? Our Need-Based Assistance program is awarded on a as needed basis. To apply for the scholarship, please click HERE.  Contact Michelle Beard at with any questions.

I changed my mind, can I get a refund? Yes, as long as you request a refund on or before June 30, 2019. Exception: doctor’s note stating player cannot play for the season or if you have moved out of the area. There is a $25 service fee for all refunds.

How do I register? For accuracy of player information, we offer on-line registration. Registration is not considered complete until payment has been received and posted to your account, and we have verified that we have received a state issued birth certificate or current passport to prove date of birth. Registration is initiated online. Please click on the Registration link in the left menu to get started once registration is open.

When will I know what team my child is on? We start forming teams in August, and will have rosters to coaches around August 15th. If you do not hear from a coach by August 31st, contact Mike Hohnholz at

Where do I buy the uniform and which one do I need?  All recreational uniforms are purchased through NW Soccer Locker. They are located inside the Salmon Creek Indoor Soccer Arena in Vancouver.  You can order online at or in person at their store.  U5 to U8 teams need the Red jersey.  U9 and older teams are required to have the Red/White uniform kit.  There are no exceptions to uniforms, if teams are caught using other uniforms then stated, they will be removed from the league with no refunds.

What age group is my child? All players register in the year they were born in.  

Is my child old enough to play soccer? For the fall season, the player must turn five years old on or before December 31, 2020.

If I played for Vancouver United Soccer Alliance prior to this year must I turn in my birth certificate? As long as you submitted a birth certificate, you may not need to issue one. If you are not sure, please contact Michelle Beard at to verify if a birth certificate is needed.

Will you accept a hospital issued birth certificate? No, Washington State Youth Soccer (WYS) requires all players to submit a state issued certificate of live birth or current passport in order to be assigned to a team. Hospital certificates are NOT accepted.

When do practices start? Practice times and start dates vary depending on your team. Most teams will begin practicing late August. Most teams practice twice per week.

When are games? Fall season games will be on Friday evenings, or during the day on Saturdays.  Games start September 7th, and end November 2nd.

Does my child have to try-out? Tryouts are not part of the recreational soccer program. Try-outs are held for players age 7 and older wishing to play at an advanced level of competition. These teams are Advanced Competition teams and only play other Advanced Competition teams. All other teams are recreational teams, players are assigned based on last year’s team, team request, and sign-up date.

Can my child keep the same coach he/she had last year? We encourage all players to register as soon as possible so we can try and honor team and coach requests. There are no guarantees – but returning players who register by June 15th typically are granted their request.

My neighbor does not have access to a computer, or their computer is not working, can I register their child from my account? Please do not, it causes errors in the data base and makes it difficult for coaches to contact players!  Please create their own account so that their information is accurate for parents to be notified directly.  If someone is having trouble registering please have them contact Mike Hohnholz at The public library also has computers for use for free.

Who do I contact if I need additional answers? Contact Nick Martinez at if you have more questions.